Bangalore’s health sector is on par with global standards with the best medical practitioners, state of the art infrastructure and technologically advanced equipment. The city has been attracting patients from all over the world. Having made its name in cardiac treatments, the city has invested a great deal in becoming one of the leading hubs in oncology research and cancer treatment.
Listed below are some of the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore.
1. KIDWAI Memorial institute of oncology: – KIDWAI was accorded the title of Regional Cancer Centre making it one of the few RCCs in the country. It is also one of the few cancer research institutions recognised by the Indian Council of Medical Research. KIDWAI offers sophisticated diagnostic and cancer treatment facilities to an ever increasing number of cancer patients from Karnataka and neighbouring states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Maharashtra. KIDWAI is one of the few cancer treatment centres that offers substantial financial aid to cancer patients especially those below the poverty line.
2. HCG: – HCG is regarded as one of the best oncology treatment centres in South Asia. High quality service and excellent care is what makes this institute one of the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore. The services offered include PET CT, CT, MRI along with surgical, medical and radiation therapies encompassing IGRT, IMRT and Cyber knife radio surgery. With a panel of almost 475 oncologists associated with the hospital, HCG offers the most comprehensive cancer care in the country.
3. Fortis Healthcare:- With one of the largest hospital campuses in Bangalore, Fortis Healthcare offers great facilities in oncology and radiotherapy. This facility is supported by a large panel of expert doctors. In the cancer treatment space, Fortis is considered one of the leading hospitals in India for treating breast cancer. It also makes use of modern radiotherapy techniques for the treatment of peritoneal and ovarian cancers.
4. Apollo Hospitals:- To touch a billion lives is the prime mission of the hospital and it strives to provide utmost care to its patients. Apollo is known for providing treatment for malignant haematology, solid tumours and extra vascular tumours in adults and in children. It uses radiotherapy technology that is only available in 14 other hospitals in India. It was also the first hospital in Bangalore to start Brachytherapy treatment. Stereotactic body radio therapy, LINAC and bone marrow transplants are among the cancer treatment facilities the hospital provides.
5. BGS Global hospital:- This hospital chain has branches in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Chennai and is specifically known for treating Gastrointestinal cancers. Modern use of radiation oncology supported by extensive research make this hospital a good treatment centre. BGS Global Hospital is equipped with all the latest technology like MRI, CT, PET, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine and DSA technologies. Vascular, neural and fusion imaging make it one of the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore.
These hospitals along with others in this field are working towards making Bangalore the “Cancer Treatment Capital “of India. They aim to provide a wide range of treatment approaches and technologies so patients can hope for a better life after cancer.